Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Ed Sheeran: I'm no music big gun

Ed Sheeran is delaying the release of his upcoming album as he doesn't want to "compete with the big guns" at Christmas.

The British singer-songwriter is currently supporting country songstress Taylor Swift on her Red Tour.

Although the concert dates have provided him with lots of inspiration for his forthcoming record, Ed's refraining from releasing it this side of the December holidays.

'I've actually written more songs on tour in this short period of time than I ever have. My new album will be out next year. I would be releasing it this year, but since I finish the Red Tour so late in the year, it would mean a Christmas release, and I'm not competing with the big guns at Christmas!" he laughed in an interview with parade.com.

Ed loves working alongside friend and fellow performer Taylor. The redheaded star has explained the process behind the pair's latest single, Everything Has Changed.

'It was actually a very short process. She invited me to hang out with some of her friends and eat some pie, and we wrote that song while we were waiting for her friends, so it was a very random, off-the-cuff experience," he said.

Taylor is renowned for pulling pranks while she's on the road. Ed isn't brave enough to play the star at her own game though.

'I don't know if I'd get forgiven if I pranked her, so not yet!' he laughed.

Aside from working with Taylor, Ed revealed his dream collaboration. The 22-year-old star would love to work with Joni Mitchell.

'But I'd have to get her out of retirement first because she doesn't really sing with anyone," he said. "My favourite Joni Mitchell song is A Case of You. She's great.'

Ed also discussed his signature auburn hair in the interview. When asked what it feels like to be the UK's favourite redhead, the star remained modest.

'I think people still like Prince Harry!" he exclaimed. "There's nothing good or bad about being a redhead. I mean, I can't go out in the sun, so that isn't that fun!'

Source : http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Ed-Sheeran:-Im-no-music-big-gun&nItemID=65690

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Andrew Surwilo Franklin - The Perfect Musicians. Design by WPThemes Expert
Blogger Templates by Buy My Themes.